Taking Alprax with lamatragine. Had bleeding in wrist in tendent area and doctors not ready to puncture. Help?

i am taking Alprax .5 in the morning and .75 in the night along with lamatragine 100 DT twice aday and quatipine 200 SR in the night, and Storvas EZ 10 in the night. one week back I had a bleeding in the wrist in the tendent area and doctors are not willing to open it or puncture it. Will this repeat again. doctors here has no answer. met the nuero physician, surgeon, plastic surgen and vascullar surgeon. no answer for this. dressing the area daily for the last one week and now the clot has slightly diluted and spreaded into the arm and side ways. but no fresh bleeds in the arm. Can this type of bleeding happen anywhere else in the body.
I am taking the above medicines for the last almost 10 years now.
please explain.
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
current strategy is okay

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The bleeding in the wrist area is purely an accidental occurrence, it is unrelated to the current medicines you are taking.
The cause of bleeding might be some trivial injury and you might have missed it in case you had taken your sleep inducing drugs just before the hit.
I will still advise you to get the blood test for coagulation that is levels of Platelets and PT and aPTT.
If the tests are okay then you need not worry the hematoma does not need to be taken out as your doctors have rightly decided.
It will change color as time will go from red pink blue yellow and will resolve fully in three weeks.
There is hardly any chance of recurrence or occurring else where.
If you are too dosed off with your current drugs then it is the time to cut down on their dose.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Follow-up: Taking Alprax with lamatragine. Had bleeding in wrist in tendent area and doctors not ready to puncture. Help? 22 minutes later
this does not happended due to any hit or anything. Around 8 pm on Friday last, while I was talking with my son at home, I felt a pain increasing in my wrist. While looking on it I found a slight reddish colour. then my fingers and palm started with pain and I could see that the wrist folding where the red XXXXXXX has seen is increasing in size with reddish black colour and heavy pain in the arm and wrist. By around 11 in the night the pain was so severe and the size of the blood area became big in size . Could not sleep with the pain and went to the doctor and even they could not move my wrist due to the severe pain. the surgeon, plastic surgen were helpless due to the pain.There starts the jouney with all types of doctors like nuerolagists, vascular surgeon, plastic surgeon, physician etc.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
accidental rupture of vessel is the cause

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
The cause of the bleed is a ruptured blood vessel, there is no doubt about it.
Why did it happen, answers are only speculative now.
If it could have been seen by a clinician at the time of evolution of itself.
best specialist to consult is a vascular surgeon or a physician.
I do not think it can occur again or anywhere else.
From now on I think you have the same chances as I.
I hope the answer will be helpful.