Takes long time to achieve orgasm and ejaculate. Taking Cialis for high BP. Related?

Excellent

Question
I have the opposite of premature ejaculation. It is taking me longer and longer to achieve orgasm when having sex. Even when masturbating, it seems to take several minutes to ejaculate. Could this be because my testosterone is low? My last T count was 240. Are there any over the counter testosterone boosters that work? I take 5mg of Cialis for BPH. If I took a larger dose, say 50 mg of Cialis before having sex, would I have an easier time achieving climax?
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
this is called delayed ejaculation

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

This difficulty in achieving ejaculation is referred to as delayed ejaculation.

There are different possible causes : (1) reduced male hormone levels including testosterone
(2) decrease conduction along nerves involved in sexual stimulation
(3)high levels of a hormone called prolactin
(4)psychological or relationship factors
(5) side effect of medications however none of your medications are in the list
(6)excess alcohol use
(7) diabetes and hypertension

Cialis can help with delayed ejaculation, this was demonstrated in a medical study by the maximum daily dose is 20 mg a day though many persons use a lower dose.
This dose is titrated upwards, this means it is not increased straight to 20mg but increased in 2.5mg to 5 mg increments to determine exactly how much is needed.

The testosterone is also a little low, replacement therapy would be helpful.

There are different methods of testosterone replacement. It can be oral, injections, patch, gels.

You can consider speaking to your doctor to find out which methods are available and would be best suited for you.

TEstosterone replacement requires monitoring of testosterone levels and PSA levels.

So you should visit your doctor to determine if there if it is possible to determine the cause of the delayed ejaculation.
He or she may consider increasing the cialis dose and adding testosterone replacement.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions