Taken pills to postpone periods. No periods after that. Taken Regestrone. What are the chances of getting periods?

Question
Ive took some postponing pills for my marriage in feb '12 for a week. I got periods after 10 days. But after that i dint get any. After 3 long months ive approached a doc n she gave me regestrone tabs 2 per day for 5 days. Ive got my periods that months after 10 days. But then its been 2 months again that ive not got any. What are my chances of getting my periods? what is my problem? Ive also notices that my weight has been changed by some 2-3 kgs extra after that. lz help me.

~ XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 14 Sep 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 32 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Menstrual period generally starts on 14th day of ovulation.

Hormonal pills act by delaying or preventing ovulation.

Hormonal pills cause withdrawal bleeding after stopping similar to period.

No periods means, no ovulation.

You should consult a Gynecologist and get your self examined. Investigations like Follicular study will be required to find out the cause.

She will prescribe you treatment according to the cause.

Thanks for trusting XXXXXXX and posting your query.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma

Follow-up: Taken pills to postpone periods. No periods after that. Taken Regestrone. What are the chances of getting periods? 3 minutes later
see doc i need not p[ay 150 rs and get a suggestion that i need to consult a doc ok... i need an answer here as why it hapened like that?

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

To find out the cause, please get the following tests done and upload the reports:-

(i) Serum levels of LH, FSH (on 3rd day), Thyroid hormones, Androgen hormone, Prolactin, Estradiol (E-2), Progesterone (21st day) and Anti Mullerian Hormone.

(ii) Ultrasound to look for Poly cystic ovaries and larger ovarian cysts.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma