Taken one tablet of mifepristone. After how many hours should misoprostol be taken?

Mar 2013
Hello sir my wife has taken one tablet of mifepristone 200mg after how many hr she has to take misoprostol 200mcg
If she start bleeding in mifepristone then also we have to take misoprostol if yes then how tablet she have to take
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
I hope you have started the process of medical abortion under medical supervision.
There are various reasons why you should not be taking the medications by yourself.
A gynecologist has to confirm the pregnancy, and has to date it exactly before deciding that these pills will work.
Outside a certain time frame, they might fail.
ALso, the correct dosage is prescribed by the doctor also, with proper explanations.
To confirm that the abortion was complete, you also need follow up visit and ultrasound to know this.
Risks like severe bleeding, infection, incomplete abortion etc. exist if these steps were not followed.
Rarely, pregnancy might be in the tube ( ectopic pregnancy ) and then taking these medicines is life threatening.
If she has taken Mifepristone 200 mg, then generally two tablets of Misoprostol are given 24 hours later vaginally, followed by 2 more after another 24 hours, also vaginally.
Also, even if she starts bleeding after Mifepristone, even then the complete dosage has to be taken to ensure success.
Take care, and please feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Taken one tablet of mifepristone. After how many hours should misoprostol be taken? 18 minutes later
ok she have to take 2 tablet of misoprostol in one time and then after 24 hr again she have to take I mean total 4 tablet in 48 hr
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Yes, you have understood correctly.
However this is the way I would prescribe the medication to a patient whom I have examined in my clinic and considered fit for medical abortion.
I would urge you to consult with your doctor before taking the drugs, and proceed only after evaluation by a gynecologist, as I described the reasons earlier.
Follow-up: Taken one tablet of mifepristone. After how many hours should misoprostol be taken? 30 hours later
hello Dr she got in period but her stomach is paining very much any medicine is there to reduce the pain
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antispasmodic drugs can be helpful.

Detailed Answer:

I would use antispasmodic like meftal spas in such cases to reduce the pain and cramping. She can also try hot water bottle and resting on the tummy with the bottle - those will also help.

At this point of time, I would urge you to see your local doctor and get the whole process of medical termination performed safely. Ungoverned termination is associated with serious risks and XXXXXXX Be safe.

I hope this helps.