Taken Xanax and Diazepam. Have dizziness and drowsiness. Will these symptoms resolve?

due to some health issues I was a bit sucidal, yesterday morning I took about 5 mg xanax, after some hours 3o mg diazepam. After xanax I just slept 1 hour, after diazepam nothing.

Today I am bit dizzy, have drowsiness or so. Don't plan to repeat it.

Will this symptome resolve and do I have any reason to worry about how much I took.

Thank you.l
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Treatment for overdose of Alprazolam and Diazepam is supportive and symptomatic only.
Due to time gap, gastric lavage is of no use now.
You requires monitoring of respiration, pulse & BP.
Flumazenil can be given to counter sedative effect of Alprazolam and Diazepam.
You should consult your Physician at your earliest for examination, supervision and proper treatment.
Thanks for trusting XXXXXXX and posting your query.
Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.
If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.
With good wishes,
Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma