Taken Ipill after having unprotected sex. What are the chances of pregnancy?

Hi Doctor,

Had unprotected sex on 18 of july and took ipill within 6 hours. My l.m.s. was on 7 th of july. How much chances r there to get pregnent? When is earliest I can know that I m pregnant?
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 minutes later
Since you took an i-pill within 6 hours of unprotected sex on day 11 of your periods, the chances of pregnancy are less than 3% in this cycle.
You can have a mild withdrawal bleeding or spotting in a day or two. The next periods might be delayed by few days due to the side effect of this pill.
If your periods are overdue by more than 10 days, then you can test your urine for pregnancy to rule out pregnancy- Not before 17th August.
To diagnose the possibility of pregnancy earlier, you can get your serum beta HCG levels evaluated after 5th August.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Follow-up: Taken Ipill after having unprotected sex. What are the chances of pregnancy? 9 minutes later
Thanks for the reply,

Is there any sonography / ultrasound test that can detect the egg formulation as early as possible?

Thanks & Regards

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
Ultrasound scan cannot detect the fertilization or the fetus till 5 weeks of pregnancy. The earliest detection is made by blood HCG levels evaluation.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.