Take rivaroxaban for pulmonary embolisms. Advised clexane for diarrhea. Suggest?

I take rivaroxaban for pulmonary embolisms. My haemotoligist told me that while I have diarrhoea to inject clexane. This morning is day 5 of my diarrhoea and I thought I had cleared up so I took a rivaroxaban tablet and didn't inject. My question is if I take a tablet at 7 and have diarrhoea at 10:30.. Did the tablet absorb? Or should I inject clexane aswel?
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Clexane is not necessary...

Detailed Answer:

Current statistical data reveal that rivoroxaban is absorbed well within 2-4 hours. Therefore I don't think there is a need to inject clexane as well.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.