Take Amlodipine Besylate. Want to start hgh releasor. Safe with blood pressure medicine?

Question
I take Amlodipine Besylate(10mg) and wanted to start taking a hgh releasor. Can you recommend one that is safe with my blood pressure medicine? I used one releasor with a fair amount of Arginine while on bp medicine for about a week and had no effect on me. I was then told arginine may not be good with blood pressure medicine, so I stopped the hgh. I used to use one before I was diagnosed with high blood pressure that has 166mg of Arginine. I know that amount is very small and wanted to see if its safe. Thank you.
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 43 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX

There are no significant reported interactions between arginine and amlodipine, therefore that is probably the reason why things were OK when you took both at the same time. You can keep closer track of your blood pressure log though while you start the supplement for the first week so that you can be reassured.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Cardiology
Mayo Clinic MN

Follow-up: Take Amlodipine Besylate. Want to start hgh releasor. Safe with blood pressure medicine? 37 minutes later
Thank you!

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later
You are most welcome,

Thanks for using this service.

Follow-up: Take Amlodipine Besylate. Want to start hgh releasor. Safe with blood pressure medicine? 6 hours later
So an hgh with a proprietary blend with 166mg of arginie is ok? Doesnt arginine have to be in large mg to be effective?

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 2 hours later
It is a relatively small dose; there are formulations with significantly higher content and would be safe as a dietary supplement