Swollen towards the anus and having a yellowish bump. Prescribed with anti fungal, antibiotic and diflucan. Underlying causes?

Psychiatrist
Question
I have had swelling on and off for three months. It started as a really bad feeling yeast infection. I got a bit better after one dose of monostat one day ovule which almost sealed my vagina shut. It never has fully felt better since. Prickly from time to time. Swells after sex. One side has remained swollen- side left bottom toward the anus. Went to the dr last week. She saw "nothing scary" prescribed me a anti fungal, antibiotic and diflucan. Swelling went down a bit but skin tags began to really hurt almost if burned. I stopped all meds. Burning stopped just throbbing on inflamed side bottom. Now in the center there appears to be one bump it appears to have yellowish color. I'm at my wits end and have no idea what it is. Please help!!!
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 57 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your query in detail andI can understand what you are going through.
It appears from what you have mentioned that you did have a fungal infection and what you are right now having is a bacterial infection secondaryly over the previous infection. You certainly need broad spectrum antibiotics like doxycycline and also you need to keep the area clean and dry. Applying adsorb powder will also help.
Get a blood sugar levels tested. If elevated can lead to these kind of infection.
Hope I am able to help you with your query.
Thanks and regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Follow-up: Swollen towards the anus and having a yellowish bump. Prescribed with anti fungal, antibiotic and diflucan. Underlying causes? 3 minutes later
I was on metro - im sorry i dont know the rest of the antibiotic name. Should i have continued that? Also, what could be the bump? Im completely paniced. Sorry to be a pest!

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 10 minutes later
Hello
You should have taken metro for atleast 5 days. If you have not finished the 5 day course then you should complete it. Along with metro doxycycline should work good.
The bump could be a small abscess or furuncle And may take 7 days to recover.
No need to panic. Have patience.
Thanks and regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Follow-up: Swollen towards the anus and having a yellowish bump. Prescribed with anti fungal, antibiotic and diflucan. Underlying causes? 20 minutes later
Thank you for your patience. I was panicked about herpes. I did take for 5 day and no change.

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 8 hours later
Hello
It doesnt appear like herpes. You should first finish up a good course of antibiotics. Do XXXXXXX your gynec to assess you and give you a prescription.
No need to panic at this stage.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Follow-up: Swollen towards the anus and having a yellowish bump. Prescribed with anti fungal, antibiotic and diflucan. Underlying causes? 2 days later
I went to my obgyn yesterday w pain and swelling on and off for the last three month. I had been the week before and was told nothing looked scary. i was prescribed a antifungal, oral antibiotic and diflucan previously. Everything became really unhappy while treating. She found one ulcer, no clusters or anything else. She said to put hydrocortizone on it and tested me for herpes to rule it out. My leg and under my butt have nerve type tingles. Does this sound like herpes? Im exhausted from worrying!

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 9 hours later
Thanks for the follow-up query.
The symptoms you have described do not appear to be the usual symptoms of Herpes. It mostly presents with multiple ulcers that coalesce and the tingling sensation is around the wound area and not around your legs and butt.
Anyways herpes may not present as a single ulcer. But you being sexually active its good to get tested fr herpes.
My experience says that you will come negative on the test. So dont be so panicky!
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD