Ask a Urologist   »  

Swollen penis head, red foreskin, discharge, tenderness after masturbation. Serious?

Question
I masturbated 3 times in one morning (which is a lot by my standards) in quick succession, 2 days ago. Now I have a swollen head and red foreskin, tenderness and discharge. This has happened to me at least twice before (also from frequent masturbation) and it just went away in about a week or so. I can also recall one time it happening after sex (With Condom) but less severe. I have had only one other sexual relationship before my current and have had unprotected sex with both but I have been their first partner on both occasions(Guaranteed).
What is this? I think it might be from over-use or dryness maybe. Being uncircumcised, my foreskin can get rather tight when my penis is engorged to it's biggest size and maybe that irritates it.
I feel like it can't be an STI since its from masturbation but, I'm no Doctor! And I don't want to see a doctor in person because it's so personal but I will if it's serious. Please help!!!
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 34 minutes later
Hello and thanks for tne query.
I have seen your photographs and feel that you are definitely having a STD and most likely it is gonorrhea as there is plenty of purulent discharge from the tip of your penis.
Had it been just due to masturbation,there wouldn't have been any discharge of this magnitude.
I advise you to consult your doctor urgently and get yourself tested properly for the exact diagnosis and also to look for other associated STD's.
You should not hesitate in consulting a doctor as this is concerning your health.

Please do write,if you have any additional query.
Best of luck.
Thanks

Follow-up: Swollen penis head, red foreskin, discharge, tenderness after masturbation. Serious? 42 minutes later
Thank you so much for your help!

I'll see a Doctor. Does it matter if I wait for these symptoms to go away first and then see someone? How is it tested?

Thanks!

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 55 minutes later
Hello
I don't advise you to wait any longer.
Testing is done by microscopic examination and culture of purulent discharge and urine along with required blood investigations.
Thanks