Swollen lymph node in groin, lump in breast, pain, weight loss, fatigue. What could all this mean?

I am 23 yrs old..female. about a year ago I noticed swollen lymph node in groin right side. Dr gave me antibotics node never decreased. I didn't think anything of it. Now with noticing the one swollen node has turned into 5 right side still all in groin. Developed one in left breast that became accompanied with Sharp pains running through breast. The pain has decreased over the last couple of weeks. I've been getting sick off and on couple of months sore throught fever ect. Also, weight loss and fautige sweating at night, have also noticed joint pain. I'm tired all the time...but have battled anemia since the age of 2. I work 6 days a week so this is a bothersome thing for my active life style..haven't had time to go to doctor. What could this all mean?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 3 hours later
I would suggest that you consult your primary care physician who can examine you and prescribe several investigations like
a.     Complete blood count
b.     Fine needle aspiration cytology of the lymph nodes
c.     Ultrasonography of the abdomen and the breast
The diagnosis can be made once we have the results of these investigations. Since several disorders can present in this way, it is important that you get yourself examined and investigated first.
Follow-up: Swollen lymph node in groin, lump in breast, pain, weight loss, fatigue. What could all this mean? 4 hours later
When I was last at my family physician he tested my mother is Hypo. I requested this test due to my constant fatigue feeling run down and never able to gain weight. This was before swollen nodes occurred. Tests came back negative and so did blood counts normal other than slight anemia, Wich is common for me. This was a year ago. Since then all of symptoms occurred and worsened. Is it possible something was over looked? OBGYN felt lump in left breast and told me to keep an eye on it. Didn't order a monogram because I'm only 23 I'm guessing. This was also a year ago. What ever is going on if symptoms are related or not, if its something serious as cancer or tumors, is a year being undiognosed and untreated make the chances of the stage of it to be higher?
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 1 hour later
Thanks for reverting.
I would suggest that you fix an appointment and get your investigations done so that all misgivings can be clarified. It is possible that the disease began after you were examined last year.
I would like to reaffirm that it would be unwise to jump to hasty conclusions before we have the results.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.