Swollen, hard labia minor, in the area above clitoris. How to reduce reduce swelling and pain?

Yes, I have a very swollen hard labia minor I think. The area above my clitoris. It has been this way for three days. Very painful but no itching. It is hard like a nodule. I have been icing it and using aspercream which give some relief temorarily but doesn;t reduce swelling or hardness. Never experienced this before. I am 52 years old. Still menstrating.
Posted Thu, 7 Jun 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

I have seen the photographs attached with this query. It looks like the swollen clitoris is due to abscess formation or due to hematoma formation due to intense masturbation or intercourse.

Follow these methods for a quick relief from this redness:

1)     Wear cotton clothes and underwear and avoid wearing any coarse or synthetic material.

2)     Wear clean and dry clothes and use a mild detergent to wash them. Dried sweat, chemicals, dirt, and other debris may aggravate the condition.

3)     You can apply some Neosporin or Mupirocin ointment after applying warm compresses.

4)     Oral antibiotics like Augmentin and oral antiinflammatories after a prescription from your doctor are helpful in reduction of the swelling and inflammation. You can take Diclofenac.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.