Swollen glands behind ear and bellow jaw. Which specialist should I consult?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
The gland below near my ear below my jaw has felt swollen for the past few months, but it is not palpable. I also feel it when I swallow. It reminds me of the sensation you get in that gland when you eat something that is really bitter. I live in India, and they have sent me to ENT's (not an ENT issue) and an neurologist (occasionally it is accompanied with numbness in my face, but definitely not the core issue). This is not getting better, and it needs to be addressed soon as I worry if it is serious, I am just giving it time to get worse or spread.

Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 22 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

Information provided points to salivary gland swelling may be with or without a calculus

I would suggest you go for a xray mandible and ultrasound of the swelling

As it is not papbable it could be a simple inflammatory gland also

Get a complete blood count done

Do you have any medical history ?

Do you have fever, pain on touch and what is the condition of the skin over the swelling ?

Hope this hels

Do get back with reports

Wishing you a healthy life