Swollen feet. History of kidney problem. Taking antibiotics and a strong anti- inflammatory. What to do?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
20 year old male, athleteic woke up this morning with the bottom of my feet sore, accually hurt to walk. The balls of my feet and heels. A few red streaks have shown up on my feet, I did nothing to cause this.
History- kidney problems when I was young, nothing in the past 12 years.
I did go to urgent care today, they took xrays and it showed nothing. She gave me antibiotics and a strong anti- inflamitory. I feel better, but now I have these small streaks on my feet.
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 15 minutes later
Hello dear,
Red streaks can be due to platelet defects or due to damage to vessels, called as vasculitis.

It is good that you are taking lesion, so I can advice you exactly what it is.

Waiting for your response.

Thank you

Follow-up: Swollen feet. History of kidney problem. Taking antibiotics and a strong anti- inflammatory. What to do? 24 minutes later
How do I attach pictures?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Hello dear
You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. You can also send the reports/ image to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as 'ATTN: Dr. Rahul Kumar'."

Waiting for your response.

Thank you

Follow-up: Swollen feet. History of kidney problem. Taking antibiotics and a strong anti- inflammatory. What to do? 4 hours later
I have uploaded

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 7 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for the photographs.
Those red streaks are actually bleed from vessels.
You can see there are many dialated vessels in the surrounding.
This bleed can be due to low platelet.
Please get your platelet levels checked. Also you mentioned you are an athlete, so the area prone to injury that is feet are developing these streaks.
There is another condition called as varicose veins, even they present like this.
Please XXXXXXX a dermatologist and discuss regarding this.
Dont neglect there can be severe bleed.
For now keep taking those anti inflammatory tablets and apply some ice to affected area, you will feel relief.
Thank you