Swollen ankle. Recently recovered from an ankle injury. Is this normal?

I twisted my ankle 3weeks ago while playing basketball. Now it's almost pain free except when i jump high. Bruises gone. But still a little bit swollen on my ankle( not sure if it's just stiff), especially on the muscle above the talus, it's hard and looks swollen.
am i on the right track towards recovering, or what else should i do?
Posted Fri, 22 Jun 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 4 hours later
Thanks for consulting us.
This is a good sign that your symptoms are no longer there but I must say presence of swelling indicate some underlying problem.
I suggest you should go for an X-Ray of your ankle joint ( both AP & lateral views ) & see an orthopedic doctor. As there may be some undiagnosed minor fracture in that area. Your doctor can then give you appropriate advise about problem.
Hope this answers your query. Please feel free to write back if you have any other concerns.
Wish you good health.