Swelling on lower right side of abdomen with dull pain. Diagnosed as shingles and advised to take acyclovir. Suggest the cure?

I have swelling on the lower right side of my abdomen with dull pain. I went to a doctor Friday and he told me that I had shingles. I showed him the swelling and was told it came from the shingles. The swelling has gotten larger. He put me on 800mg acyclovir.
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem it seems that if you only had swelling of lower abdomen why was it treated like shingles but since your doctor has examined you he remains the best judge because the presentation can be varied also .

In shingles generally there are painful vesicles along with burning sensation , redness etc plus it will never cross the midline . Well acyclovir remains the best drug for shingles . You continue with the medicine if it does not respond then probably you need a second opinion .

Dr. Shruti