Swelling in abdomen, no pain, have constipation. Any idea what the swelling is?

I have swelling in the lower right abdomen, near my hip bone. It is only on the right side. There is no pain, but I have bad constipation and usually need laxatives to take a bowel movement. I am starting to worry about the swelling though. Any idea of what the swelling is?
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 1 hour later

In your age most common cause of right lower abdomen swelling is ovarian cyst. Other possibilities are mass arising from kidney or swelling arising from the large gut as there is associated constipation or the swelling may be an appendicular lump.

I will suggest you to go for an ultrasonography of lower abdomen including pelvic organs. I think the cause may be confirmed by this. After the report is available you can consult your doctor or send me so that I can give you proper guidance.

You have a feature to upload the reports on the right side of the query page. You may utilize that to send the report.

Hope I have answered your queries. If you want to know further you can write back to me. Kindly write a review on my answer.

Dr Arnab Maji