Sweating profusely after entering room, not dizzy. Sunny outside. Chilled feeling after cooling down. Any thoughts?

Saturday, after a full day in the sun (90 degrees), I came inside to a relatively cool room and after just a few minutes I started to sweat profusely. I was not dizzy, nor felt sick in any way, just sweat uncomtrollably for about 5 minutes. After I cooled down, I then got chilled. This has happened on and off since XXXXXXX but never to this degree. Any thoughts?
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 3 hours later

This on and off episodes may be due to allergy, hypertension, immune deficiency, heart diseases, thyroid problems.

Allergic reaction especially allergic rhinitis may lead these symptoms along with watering from nose, nasal stuffiness etc. It may be dust allergy or allergy to any environmental elements or food allergy also. Your symptoms may not be well controlled with singulair therapy. You may need some added anti-allergic treatment. Better to consult an allergist and go for allergic skin prick test and specific IgE antibody assay in serum to detect the responsible allergen. If detected then specific immunotherapy may help to reduce your symptoms and protect you from such symptoms because of further exposure to such allergen.

On the other hand, hypertension for which you are taking lisinopril if uncontrolled may lead such symptoms. So consult your treating doctor for any further treatment like drug or dose modification of your anti-hypertensive treatment. You should also have an ECG and echocardiographic evaluation of your heart condition.

Sometimes hyperthyroidism may lead such episodic symptoms for that I will advise you to have serum FT4 (Free T4) and TSH estimation.

If you want to know further, you may write back to me or otherwise you may close the discussion here and please write a review on this answer.

God bless you.

Best Regards,
Dr Arnab Maji