Swallowed a gum. Will it affect the gastric bypass surgery I will be having?

I just swallowed gum, and I am getting gastric bypass surgery on Monday
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later

Thanks for the query

I understand your concern.
Most of the times swallowing gum does not cause any problems and with time it comes out as stool.

It will not cause any harm to you or hamper your bypass surgery. But please to mention it on your surgeon and anesthetist when they come for interview before the surgery

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer.

I wish you good health and good luck