Suspect of autistic child to have swallowed Listerine. What to do?

I believe my10-1/2 year old autistic grandson swallowed some Listerine. I don't know how much, but I suspect it was not a lot. What should we be looking for? email address: YYYY@YYYY
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Relax. No worry.Keep it out of reach of your child

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for using XXXXXXX

Relax, no need to worry.

Listerine should not be swallowed. If it is taken in large quantity like whole bottle repeatedly then they cause problem. Otherwise with with little quantity no need to worry. Ask him to take plenty of water and allow him to do his routine activities.

I advice you to keep all these chemicals / medicines out of reach of your grandson. Usually children around 10 years are very naughty and try to explore the things. So we should take better precaution.

Listerine contains alcohol. So mild alcohol effect can be seen. If he develops any problem like pain abdomen, vomiting or other symptoms then just get examined by your doctor.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.

Wish you good health. Take care.