Suicidal thoughts, suffered abuse at young age. How can I stop my brain from getting so full that it feels like bursting?

Average

Cardiologist
Question
Hi, I'm having a hard time going to councelling for abuse that happened when I was 15. My major problem with the last five years has been terrible suicidal thoughts and today and yesterday were especially hard. How can I stop my brain from getting so full up that it feels like bursting?
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology.
I am encouraged to write to you because you expressed your feelings. Consider this:
1. In an attempt to commit suicide by any means you are saved and survive as in vegetable stage coma, or without ability to move an arm or leg or have blurry vision for rest of your life. Is that acceptable to you.
2. Even if you succeed, whom will you hurt most, the people who love you most. You will leave a permanent void in their life? Is it worth it? Listen to this on You Tube WWW.WWWW.WW
My suggestion will be be get this 'junk thought' out of your mind. Seek professional help give a call to Suicide prevention helpline:Farm and rural stress helpline: 1800-742-645 (freephone, open daily 6pm-10pm).
The telephone number is for your country and place. Take Care

If you have any followup query, I will be most happy to answer it.

With Best Wishes
Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Suicidal thoughts, suffered abuse at young age. How can I stop my brain from getting so full that it feels like bursting? 16 hours later
Thank you Dr. Anvil for your reply. I know what you are saying and I can understand what suicide can do because my own brother did it three years ago. I am still devastated over that. All that is fine when my rational mind is back. When this "thing' happens though it is entirely different. You go into a different part of your mind and you become unaware sometimes of where you are and you become unaware mostly of who you know. I cannot seem to make contact with anyone when I am in this and this is the most XXXXXXX part. I become overpowered completely by the thoughts and urges to commit suicide and I feel that I am being called back home urgently. This urge rises and rises until it reaches a tremendous peak and I really don't know for the life of me how I have somehow been able to resist this up to now. What I am most afraid of is that I'll be very weak some time when it happens again and I will follow through on those instructions.

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later

Thank you for a reply. I am happy and pleasantly surprised about your insight. The way way you have analysed your psyche is remarkable. An apt description of your own mind.
And thanks for assurance of following the instructions.
I am sorry to learn about what you wrote about your brother. Now I am sure you will do the right thing. I appreciate it.
Good Luck. If you have any query, I will be more than happy to answer that. If not, you may close this query with remarks and score.
It was a pleasure briefly interacting with you and I mean it.
With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW