Suggested for MRI after having xray. What does this mean?

my wife had an xray last week an the doctor called her an ask her to get a mri what does that mean
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 4 hours later
Hello and thanks for the question.

The Dr requested the MRI very likely in order to help explain her symptoms. If the X-ray does not reveal a primary cause then we would consider am MRI to e the next logical step.

MRI technology allows for good visualization of soft tissues, nerves and blood vessels. This will provide additional information to the physician to hopefully help alleviate ER symptoms.

Thanks again for your question. Let me know if I may be of any additional assistance.

Dr Robert