Suggest whether medication is proper based on medical history. What food should I take?

Could you please go through my Medical History and suggest whether the medication is proper or not. Also let me know the food which I should take for 1 month alongwith the severity of the problem. Is it normal or not?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 10 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX and thanks for the query
By the blood reports you do have an increased white blood cell (WBC) count with predominant neutrophils. This occurs in an infective or an inflammatory cause.
Of the causes of sudden onset abdominal pain with an elevated WBC levels, Appendicitis is the commonest. Other causes are pancreatitis and stones in either gall bladder/ bile duct or the urinary tract
The description of the pain is not clear but appendicitis pain is usually first felt at around the navel and overtime settles to around a site somewhwremidway betweeen the navel and the mostprominent bony point at your waist, It can be associated with diffuse abdominal discomfort, vomiting and mild fever. An ultrasound of the abdomen will show a thick cylindrical non compressible tender structure
Appendicitis is usually treated with antibiotics (ciplox TZ), painkillers (tramdol), IV fluids, anti emetics and surgery once it is confirmed
Follow-up: Suggest whether medication is proper based on medical history. What food should I take? 9 hours later
Thanks Doctor for your reply..!!
After taking the medicines now I am not feeling the pain below the abdomen area. Could you please suggest how should I investigate whether its an Appendicitis or Stone problem so that I can take the proper medication. Please suggest which all test needs to be done to get the complete details of the problem. Also, Could you please tell me whether the problem occurs due to improper diets or junk food. As I am staying away from home due to business reason I am always taking food in Hotel and Restaurants. What should be my diet henceforth to avoid having such problem.

Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 22 hours later
Hi and thanks for writing back.
A good ultrasound abdomen on a fullbladder and empty stomach should be able to demonstrate appendicitis or a renal stone. Sometimes because of excess bowel gas they may not be visualised on an ultrasound and a CT of abdomen and pelvis may be needed.
Eventhough a contaminated food has been associated with colonic inflammation no defenite association has been demonstrated with appendicitis. Yersinia infection may produce symptoms similar to appendicitis.
Kidney stones are of different types and each stone needs a specific type of diet alteration'
On a ganeral basis take a high fibre wholesome diet