Suggest treatment testicle injury

my 8 year old son was climbing a fence and his testicle got hooked while going over . The fence tore a small hole in the testicle and has skin flapped open. We stopped the bleeding and put bactine spray on it for pain and infection. Should he be seen by a doctor immediately or will he be okay until morning?
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: You need to take him to the ER. Detailed Answer: Dear Mrs. XXXXXXX Thank you for choosing WWW.WWWW.WW for your health related query. I am Dr. Yogesh, I will address your concerns. If there is a flap of skin that is hanging loose from the testicle, that flap needs to be stitched back into place as soon as possible, delaying will result in failure of that skin flap from healing. It is not possible to assess the extent of injury online, and I do feel only a doctor will be able to assess the damage correctly upon physical exam, so you need to go to the ER. If the injury is deep, and causes any blood to clot inside the testis, then that testis will shrink, which is not at all acceptable. I would suggest you to visit the ER as soon as possible, please do not wait till morning. Hope that answers your query. Please write back if you have any doubts. Wishing your son a speedy recovery. Regards.