Suggest treatment for water from eyes,blocked ears and persistent headches?

ENT Specialist
Hi, I have a Sinus problem and facing below health issues. 1. Water comes from eyes, 2. Ears blockages, 3. Persistent Headche 4. Itching isue in Ear, Nose & on eye-lids. I am taking Sinarest Nasal 4 drops twice in a day, but this problem is contineously facing. Can you suggest a treatment?
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: can be allergy Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXXXXX Thanks for using XXXXXXX Of all the four symptoms that you have mentioned above the one that points towards a diagnosis is itching in the ear, nose and on eyelid - It looks like you have allergy. All your symptoms can be explained by allergy Water can come from the eye if the tube draining the tears into the nose is blocked. Any infection or allergies in the nose can block the tube leading to watering of the eye. Blockage of the ear can be caused by block of the eustachian tube. This tube connects the ear to the nose. This tube can get blocked in infections and allergies in the nose. Now coming to persistent headacause. Sinusiitscan cause headaches. Oedema in the nose either due to infection or allergy leads to blockage of the sinuses thereby producing headache. Please consult an ENT specialist to confirm the diagnosis. If allergy is indeed the problem then the treatment is rather simple. You will need a local steroid spray, some anti histamine tablets and antihistamine eye drops for itching in the eye. Once the allergy comes under control , all your symptoms will go away. Till then you can take any pain killer for the headache after checking the dose. I hope that you are not using sinarest nose drops regularly. They should not be used continuously for more than 6 days. if used for longer they can produce nose block and running nose. Feel free to follow up, Regards, Dr Rajkishori.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for water from eyes,blocked ears and persistent headches? 9 minutes later
Can you suggest some medicine & nasal drop?
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: saline nose drops Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXXXXX Nose drops i can suggest without examining you. You can use saline nose drops of any brand. Instill 10 drops in each nostril 3 times a day and follow it up with steam. You can do this routine for as long as you want. It does not cause any side effect since it is normal saline. These drops can relieve ear block and sinus headaches to some extent. I strongly suggest that you have an ENT take a look at you first to confirm the diagnosis. It will be wrong on my part to give you a prescription without actually seeing you. Feel free to follow up. Regards, Dr Rajkishori