Suggest treatment for shoulder pain and swelling

I have a problem in my right side of neck which swelled few week back. I had little pain when pressed. The swell has concentrated as a small bulge and pains. It seems it has filled with water/puss. It does not have a mouth yet. While pressing it seems something got filled with like water etc. I never had similar problem before. I consulted a doctor 2 weeks back, he gave antibiotic (amoxycilin) as he suspected some infection. But that did not helped much. Please let me know which specialist should i look for. Currently I am location in Mississauga, Canada. This is a very cold place having avg temp of -10 C, so initial days i was feeling very cold and slowly this started with a neck pain.
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Infectious disease specialist Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Based on your description, I suspect it to be a bacterial infection in the neck spaces. You need a better and suitable antibiotic. You may have consult a Infectious disease specialist who can place you on suitable antibiotics. Amoxycillin you took would have suppressed the infection incompletely and prevent it from progressing but you need a better antibiotic to cure it completely. Wish you good health. Regards,