Suggest treatment for respiratory infection?

Hello Doctor, My 5 year old daughter, is running mild fever [last checked was 99.2 degree F] for a day with throat irritation < coughing -no mucus and discomfort while swallowing>. Can I give her Augumentin DDS syrup along with cetrezine syrup, saline-based nasal drops, and paracetamol ? Or another remedy ?
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: No antibiotics Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for writing to us. I understand ypur concern. Your child is having respiratory infection which is mostly viral but could be bacterual as well. I do not suggest you to give antibiotic (augmentin dds) unless it is bacterial infection. Give paraceramol for relief of throat pain and fever. Give plenty of fluids. Try home remedy like XXXXXXX leaves boiled in water with little honey and few drops of lemon. Give steam inhalation. In case of blocked nose you can use saline drops. In case symptoms persist get your child examined by pediatrician before starting her on an antibiotics. Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your child good health. God bless...