Suggest treatment for recurring hearing loss

Question
recently my hearing is going in and out like i am in a bucket of water. this is seemingly random but maybe worst monday mornings...what are possible causes and action to be taken.
Posted Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hearing aid needs batteries changes or diplacusis

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. Given your medical history, there are two possibilities either your hearing aid needs checked for batteries, or, since you have hearing loss in one ear and a hearing aid in the other, you are experiencing a condition called diplacusis. This happens when the hearing is lower in one ear as compared to the other and is experienced and muffled sounds.
It could very well be an ear infection or clogged sinuses, but either way I recommend you have your ear checked by an ORL doctor for further investigation.
Without a physical examination I am not able to say more.
I hope this helps.
If you have further questions I'd be happy to answer them.
Wishing you all the best.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for recurring hearing loss 30 minutes later
thank you

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You're most welcome

Detailed Answer:
Glad to have been of help