Suggest treatment for recurring UTI

Jul 2016

i am a 44 year old female who was diagnosed with a urine infection on 13th dec 2013 and was given augmentin duo but this did not work. i went back to the doc on 31 dec and was put on tremethrepone which also did not work... i was then put on macrodanton after my doc sent my urine to be the lab to be tested and it showed that i had an e coli infection and that the infection was immune to the first 2 antibiotics.. I have had a pain in my lower back going into my sides since this is worse when i stand or go to bed at night .. i had to go to the doc 2 days ago and now have a lung infection. help..................... i have been to see a gynie and there is nothing obvious to him.
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Take appropriate antibiotic as per culture report. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you had UTI and had been prescribed Augmentin and Macrodanton without doing urine culture . Since there was no improvement in your symptoms culture was done which revealed that your infection is due to E-Coli resistant to both these drugs .This is reason for not getting the expected results. Since you have culture report please start taking appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for recurring UTI 5 hours later
I have done everything that you have said and have had my Urine sent to the lab to be checked and it is clear but the pain is still in my lower back and sides a month later .
Brief Answer: Pain could be due to Stone in the kidney Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. Pain in lower back and sides could be due to stone in the kidney . Please consult qualified Urologist and get Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen to rule out the same. In the meanwhile continue taking antibiotics in addition to pain killers like Diclofenac or Brufen twice daily. Further treatment will depend upon the finding of USG and final diagnosis, Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.