Suggest treatment for piles

General Surgeon
Hello Sir, I've been suffering from piles problem for a long time now (approx. 4 years). Initially it started with bleeding during motion, and I used to have lot of pain while passing my tools. I also tried all home remedies to cure piles, and to some extent those remedies helped me to get some relief. However, those remedies were just a temporary relief, but my piles were never cured permanently. As this piles problem have been going through for a long time, my piles is now turned into a much worst condition. Earlier I used to have only internal hemorrhoids, but now I've started to get external hemorrhoids as well. It seems my external hemorrhoids is quite small at this moment, but I'm worried that the size of my external hemorrhoids may enlarge to a bigger size later. So, Could you please look into this piles problem, and advise what next steps should be taken to cure this problem permanently? Thanks, XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 22 hours later
Brief Answer: Plenty of fluids and high fiber diet Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXXXXX Proper treatment of piles requires thorough assessment by Surgeon. It's unusual to have pain in case of piles be it external or internal. Presence of pain indicates thrombosed pile ( Piles are dilated blood vessel, clotting of blood is thrombosed pile) or also possibility of fissure in anus is to be considered. Proper management will therefore require thorough clinical examination to know the character of pile and other associated complication. I would suggest you the following which will definitely help 1. Increase water consumption: Consume at least 2 to 3 liter of water per day. 2. High fiber diet: Two serving of vegetable salad everyday 3. Hot Seitz bath : Add a handful of common table salt to a tub of lukewarm water. Immerse your bottom by sitting in it for 15 to 20 minutes each session twice a day. It will decrease pain and inflammatory oedema. 4. Stool softener: Syrup Lactulose 10 ml twice a day will keep the stools soft preventing constipation and decreases bleeding and pain. Further management will depend on clinical assessment by your Surgeon. I suggest you to consult Surgeon for further assessment. The above advise is essential and will definitely help in all cases. Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon