Suggest treatment for my unhealing leg caused by an injury inspite of using Bacitracin and Silver patch

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
3 yrs. ago, I slipped on our back deck and my leg slid under the wooden railing and scraped the skin off of the right shin. Since then, I had a vein procedure that re-routed the blood to another vein. I had this because I developed 2 sores on the leg that won't heal and it was thought that this would help. I have an underlying condition of Lupus and have a very hard time with healing anything. My Doctor has tried just about everything to put on the sores, but I'm also very allergic and sensitive to anything that they try. I'm currently using just Bacitracin and a Silver Patch to see if this would help, but so far its not. I haven't had sores all the time, but last August I had an Asthma attack and was put on Prednisone which irritated the leg and made it get worse. If you have any ideas what I can try next, please advise. Also, I am Disabled and do not have any money to spare. I am 63 yrs. old. Just an answer would be fine. Thank you.
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Papaya locally, mutiviamins Vit A and D, Elevation Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for an elucidate history and I have through it 3 times just to recollect the problems. When Bacitracin and Silver patch are not helping , you need a time-tested alternative therapy. Me as a Surgeon has used this in many patients successfully and has a scientific basis too and cost a least. Only thing the preparation has to be meticulous. Well I will try to explain the way I do it and teach my patients. You need to buy an unripe Papaya. What you need is the skin of Papaya with a coating of a layer of a white matter. Means you have to cut through in such a way that the green skin is shelled out with a thin strip of white attached to it. Cut this to a size of a sore. Apply the white to the wound and bandage it lightly to the leg . Change every day. IN addition , whenever possible elevate the affected part in such a way that the woulds/ leg are at a higher level than the heart ( to facilitate the drainage ). Antioxidants ( mutivitamins) Vit A 6 capsules and Vit D 3 sachets help positively. Ginseng helps for improving circulation and oxygenation of the wound. Hopeful to get your thanks soon.