Suggest treatment for male pattern hair loss

I am facing hair loss in front part of my head and remaining portions are ok. There are any medicines really available for stopping hair loss and regrowth.
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later
Brief Answer: hair fall management Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic. I understand that you are having hair loss from the front portion of your scalp. Do you have a family history of baldness either on your father' s or mother' s ( maternal uncles) side? From your description, it seems to me that you are having an early male pattern hair loss. This type of hair loss can be effectively arrested by 5% minoxidil solution which is US- FDA approved for treatment of male pattern hair loss. I suggest that you can start using 5% minoxidil solution ( eg- Mintop forte) 1 ml twice a day over the front , sides and central scalp. Use it after bath in the morning on dry scalp and again at bedtime. This will prevent further progression of hair fall. You have to remember that this type of hair fall is genetically mediated. Once you stop the medicine, hair thinning can progress gradually as it is programmed in you genes. Hope this addresses your concern. If you have any more queries, I will be glad to answer. Regards, Dr. Johny Chacko
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for male pattern hair loss 15 hours later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX Chacko for providing me the answer. I will use Mintop forte and please suggest me which shampoo i can use. So can i get my hair back in which area i have lost or it helps me to the feature loss? Please let me know is there any ayurvedic or Homeopathy treatment for hair regrowth. Thanks, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: hair fall management Detailed Answer: Hello, Most of the commercial available shampoos have the same formulation. You can use any shampoo meant for normal hair. If you specifically want me to suggest, you can use Tricleanz shampoo available in pharmacies which is quite mild and is suitable even for daily use. You should use minoxidil solution in areas near your hairline where the hair has started thinning. Do not use on areas where the hairs have completely receded and are absent. It will preserve whatever hairs are present and gradually stimulate a few remaining dormant follicles to regrow. You will notice new hair regrowth in 3-4 months time. But when used on totally bald areas, it will cause fine hair growth which is cosmetically unappealing. You can google search for "Hamilton - Norwood" classification of male pattern hair loss. You will be able to get a clear idea as to how male pattern baldness progresses if left untreated. The rate at which it progresses depends on person to person. Receding of hair line (front and sides) is Grade 1 -2. Hence, by early treatment, you can preserve your existing hairs and slowly get new hairs. As far as ayurvedic and homeopathy is concerned, I am not an authority in those fields. However, you could try oils containing bhringraj. Apply it for just half an hour before washing your hair with a shampoo. Do not leave oil overnight and do not apply after bath as oil will inhibit the absorption of minoxidil. Hope this answers your queries. Wishing you good health, Dr. Johny Chacko