Suggest treatment for itching in hands,knuckles,face,chest and elbows

Jan 2014

I have itchy hands, knuckles and palms as well as face chest and elbows, is there any thing that will eleviate the intense itch
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need Additional Information Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at XXXXXXX I would like to gather some more information from you regarding your concern in order to be able to help you better. -Are their any rashes/hives/ skin lesions, associated with the itching? -Since how long do you have these symptoms? take care regards
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for itching in hands,knuckles,face,chest and elbows 1 hour later
little over a month, came on first on my forehead, then the knee and elbows, after that it got on my upper chest and my face and ears. I try not scratching them by using ice, but it doesn't last. I have been using oil based creams or cortisone ointment. I was allergy tested in Nov. so I don't see it being hives, but I won't rule it out. some of the bumps are tender to touch like the ones on my head just above my ears. I guess I scratch them enough to make the skin rough and thick like, on my knuckles and elbows. On my chest it looks like a heat rash, but I can't stand the heat, keep my home at 67 temp. The ones near my eyebrows are peeling the ones on my face look more like hives but they never go away. I have tried Benadryl it doesn't help
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of Sebopsoriasis Detailed Answer: Hi. I would keep a possibility of Seborrhoeic dermatitis/Sebopsoriasis. Judging from the description your rash seems to be fixed unlike hives which are evanescent and the distribution of rash (mostly on extensor like scalp, sides of scalp, elbows, knuckles along with involvement of chest, eyebrows and face) suggest me that it is most likely sebopsoriasis. I guess that you must have scratched it enough to have got it secondarily infected thereby causing pain. Is their scaling present? Can you send me a few pictures with good clarity for me to be 100% sure? take care regards