Suggest treatment for iron deficiency

I am Anaemic. How can I improve my Iron Count.Please suggest. Duration: Last few years. Medication:Take iron pills regularly.Haem up
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer below Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. Iron deficiency is quite common in menstrual age group females. First step is to get the diagnosis confirmed by doing serum iron profile. If it is truly iron deficient anemia but not improving with iron, we may need to think of excess blood loss (through heavy periods or in stool). Also you should take plenty of iron rich diet (like chicken liver, chicken, breakfast cereals enriched with iron, legumes, beans, etc.) Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.