Suggest treatment for infection on labia majora

hi doc am XXXX i have mailed XXXX before for missing my torch in first three months. i was suggested to do avidity test igm toxo again after a month or two which is still pending.i will be doing the test which is still of no use as per doc and other gynae. my pregnancy is going well. but i have developed a wart like thing which is filled with fluid and round popped out small on labia majora one flap on upper right side.i hope am right with anatomical was hurting a bit but then showed to gynae she said it is wart like and am washing with detol liquid and using soframycin it has been clean and reduced but not gone.i am worried what to do and am completing 25th week of pregnancy.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 13 hours later
Brief Answer: blister and pustule Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX As you remember, the TORCH test will not be of much use now. But XXXXXXX increase in titre can measured by repeating it. You can do that if you wish. But tye blister is unlikely to be related. Here, the possible causes are limited. Any wart or such in the genital area could be related to an std. Or it could be a cystic swelling etc. If its filled with fluid, its important that it be examined. Since your doctor has already examined you, im assuming infection has been ruled out. A course of antbiotics is needed. Sit in hot water three times a day. If it bursts, let the fluid come out. In case its doesnt resolve in the next week, or doesnt reduce, have a dermatologist examine it. Dont wash with dettol. Use betadine solution. Dont use soframycin either.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for infection on labia majora 3 days later
hi doc thankyou for your advice.i have started washing with hot water and betadine solution,similarly my doc has advised same.from last 4 days there is no such bursting of wart but it is like getting small,clean or concised i dont knw exactly but fluid is there doc has not suggested any antibiotics,i will continue to do same for a week and let me see.i am not willing to take antibiotics as well.maybe i can show to dermatologist.any test i have to do for this?do my husband has to do any test,i assume it has happened because of the sexual course recently.thankyou
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: no test yet Detailed Answer: No need to test yet. Do the wash for a few days and if it doesnt resolve you should see a dermatologist for antibiotics. If its infected, dont leave it too long untreated.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for infection on labia majora 2 days later
hi doc,as less time is left to close the discussion. as i told u ,the wart had fluid but black or bluish covering,how i saw that,now it disappeared when i used betadiene and became clear is not gone but i feel reduced a bit,and doesn't pain or hurt. i will see for a week if it comes off or shrinks and will ask my doc what to do.and will go to dermatologist as well. thanks for the advice.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: happy to help. Detailed Answer: Continue the betadine wash for a few more days. If the size is reducing, it will further.