Belly button piercing, itchy rash around navel and piercing, diagnosed as allergic reaction. Could it be something else?

Hello. I am a 16 year old girl, and I got my belly button pierced about a month ago. A few days ago, I formed a red, itchy rash and bumps inside and around my navel and piercing. I went to the doctor, and he said it was because I was allergic to the metal. I have since taken the ring out, and I was wondering if it could be something else. I don t think it was an allergic reaction to the metal, because my body didn t react until about a month later. Also, the rash spread to my neck and face. Any idea of what this could possibly be?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012