Suggest treatment for infected prostate
User rating for this question
I have been diagnosed as having an infected prostate. I began taking Cipro on Friday with minimal relief from problems urinating. Temperature was 98.7 this morning and now it has jumped to 100.7. Taking Cipro bid. Temperature spikes have been common over the pst few days. Also appear to be developing some constipation over the kast 2 days althoughI have managed to go a little bit. This may be due to the facr that i have almost no appetite. I have a history of hyperplasia but recent rectal exam was negative for cancer. Have had a urine culture, but urine, what little I can pass, appears to be clear. Any suggestions about alternative or additional treatment.
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: It could be abscess------------------------------- Detailed Answer: welcome to the forum. I went through your description. It is unfortunate that the temperature has gone up. It could be acute prostatits or abscess. So it is better to see your consultant at the earliest or attend the A and E. You need intravenous antibiotics and drainage of urine either by catheterisation via naturalis or the abdominal route. It is curative and so it is better not to delay to avoid uro-sepsis. Truly,
People also viewed
- Is dark urine a side effect of promethazine?
- Brown stringy discharge urine
- Chronic prostate infection treatment
- Is abnormal dreams a side effect of prograf?
- Reddish brown discharge uti
- Is irritability a side effect of proair hfa?
- Suggest treatment for throat infection and prostatitis
- Stinging when urinating and brown discharge
- Prostate infection treatment drugs
- Brown discharge and stinging
- Brown discharge when urinating
- Is fast heartbeat a side effect of premarin?
- Prostate infection treatment
- Is irritability a side effect of phenelzine?
- Suggest treatment for infected prostate