Suggest treatment for hair fall

I have recently shifted to a new home. the water available is hard water. its rich in some minerals or salts. it makes the skin very rough and dry. it leaves white traces on walls and floors. I m having increased hair fall and the hair is very rough and damaged. what can I do to stop hair fall and reduce damage. I m 27 year old married female. since it was winter I could not apply curd coz I have allergy to fog climate
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: detail follows Detailed Answer: Hello dear, Welcome to Healthcaremagic. I am Dr. Charu. I have read your query and understood your concern. Change of place and change of weather can lead to excess hair fall in some people. But besides this other causes should also be ruled out. For this i will like to advice some blood tests like hemoglobin levels, serum ferritin levels, thyroid profile. I usually advice my patients to take tablets or capsules containing minerals like calcium pantothenate, selenium, zinc in adequate amounts. These are available in market with various names like Xtin forte, folihair, vighan CP. These tablets are adviced to continue for atleast 3 months. For hair wash, use any mild shampoo. You may use any conditioner post hair wash. Take lots of green vegetables and fruits in diet. Also take plenty of water. These interventions will reduce your fall to some extent for sure. I hope i am able to solve your query. If you have further query, you may ask me. Thanx