Suggest treatment for fever with pain in forehead and eye?
User rating for this question
hi, this is regarding my mom- she has had a high fever(103) and cough since mon she got antibiotics and fever went down to 100. wednesday her eyeballs started to hurt when she moved her eyes up and down, or just when she doesnt move them. her forehead and eyeballs hurt constantly- she has light sinus congestion in one nostril. today- thursday fever went up again to 103 with continual use of antibiotics.
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: close-cavity sinus infection( sinusitis) Detailed Answer: Hi. Fever with pain in forehead and eye area can be due to a trapped sinus infection. Initially the fever went down with antibiotics to recur again indicates an active and close-cavity sinus infection. This may occur with or without a nasal discharge. I would advise to visit an ENT Surgeon who would do the examination and advise blood tests to see high White cell count, blood sugar and other relevant tests. Instead of X-ray please go ahead with a CT Scan of Para-nasal sinuses to have a better diagnosis, which helps to decide the proper course of treatment.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for fever with pain in forehead and eye? 24 minutes later
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Continue Augmentin Detailed Answer: Hi. Please continue to take the antibiotics. Augmentin is really good and a preferred brand. I hope it is 625 mg three times a day. It is working, the increased fever and pain can be blockage of the opening of any of the sinus. Use Saline spray followed by plain water steam inhalation. I also hope she is on a proper dose of anti-inflammatory medicine and decongestant medicines. Use of decongestant nasal drops of Oxymetazoline ( Orivin/ Nasivion ) if you have. On examination and CT scan your treating Doctor may add on further antibiotic and supportive medicines. Surgery is avoided in acute infections unless threatening a complication. Wish Her a speedy recovery.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for fever with pain in forehead and eye? 11 minutes later
okay thank you doctor!! - is she contagious? thanks
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: May not be Detailed Answer: Hi. She may not be contagious as she is already under an antibiotic cover and which showed the result.
People also viewed
- Home remedoes for vaginal fissures
- Yeast infection with fissures
- Suggest treatment for typhoid fever
- Suggest treatment for fever with pain in forehead and eye
- What causes dizziness when suffering from ear infection
- Suggest treatment for fever with eye pain and headaches
- What treatment is suggested for fever
- Procto glyvenol in fissure
- What causes pressure and clogged feeling in ears
- Getting rid of fissured tongue
- Does spiriva or teva-ramipiril cause dry mouth
- Suggest the treatment for ear ache
- What causes feeling of warmth and pressure in ears
- Precautions for fissure surgery
- Suggest treatment for throat pain after a fever