Suggest treatment for delayed periods

Question
white discharge is going very much like period bleeding but my monthly period is not coming and it is one month late..plz give me treatement on it.
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please get investigated to rule out the cause. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. If you have always had regular 28-30 day cycles, you should get investigated to know the cause of the delayed period, as it has been delayed by more than a month. If, by chance, you are sexually active, please get pregnancy excluded. Causes of excessive white discharge could be many, ranging from physiological conditions like ovulation phase, pre-menstrual phase and pregnancy to infections of the cervix, vagina,tubes and uterus, erosions of the cervix and so on. The exact cause can only be diagnosed through proper examination and investigations which include smears of the vagina and the cervix, trans-vaginal sonogram, blood and urine examination etc. Hope your query has been answered. Please contact for further information. I will be happy to help. regards, Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for delayed periods 19 minutes later
ok....but exactly the treatment is going and i m not sexually actibve at that time which is occur

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please clarify your query. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. If you are not sexually active presently, pregnancy can be safely excluded. It remains to be seen if there is any infection, erosion or a polyp. Please be more clear about your query and specify what you would like to know. As already mentioned, a proper examination along with investigations will help to diagnose the cause; hormonal profile should also be done to rule out hormonal imbalance. Sudden weight disturbances, stress, certain medications and infections also can lead to such a situation and need to be ruled out. Hope your doubt is clarified. Please get back if you need more information. I will be ready to help. regards, Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for delayed periods 2 hours later
ok..thanks...

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Always welcome Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your feed back. You can always contact for further information. I will be available to help. Wish you good health. regards, Shanti.V.