Suggest treatment for continuous hairfall?

I am unable to stop my hairfall. I am so worry about my hair. Pls suggest how can i stop it ?
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us. There could be many causes for hair fall like Androgentic alopecia- where the cause is mainly hereditary and hormonal factors. Hair fall is mainly seen on front, sides and centre of scalp. It is gradual and progressive Telogen effluvium- hair fall is diffuse and acute. Hair that sheds off has a small white bulb attached to it(telogen hair). it mainly occurs due to stress, surgery, chronic illness like fever, jaundice, typhoid etc, nutrtional deficiency, thyroid ds, anemia etc localised causes like dandruff, psoriasis, chemical/ salon procedure etc. To help you out, I would like to know Since how long are you having this hair fall Areas involved ie diffuse hair fall or losing hair from sides, centre, front etc If hair fall is patchy or oval shaped/ coin shaped areas of hair loss present Any history of stress, surgery, illness, nutritional deficiency If having dandruff or any localised scalp pathology if there is history of hair loss or baldness in family Answer these queries and also upload an image of your scalp depicting pattern and areas of hair loss. Hoping to hear from you soon. Take care
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for continuous hairfall? 1 hour later
Hi Dr. Kalpana, PFB the detaul :- I have been facing this problem since laste 4-5 days. I am loosing my hair from sides. hair loss present. burden of family. having dandruff. my uncle also having this problem. Pls also suggest of uploading image.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for continuous hairfall? 3 hours later
Hello Dr. Kalpana, Pls update..
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 22 hours later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. Hair fall in your case can be due to dandruff and genetic factors both. But I believe you might be having hair fall since long. Sudden onset of hair fall can't be attributed to the above mentioned causes. Four days time period is too short time to lose hair. In your case, I personally would have suggested Ketoconazole based antidandruff shampoo like nizoral or scalpe or danclear etc. It should be used atleast thrice in a week. The shampoo should be applied over scalp and kept for 10 minutes and then washed off. Use a steroid lotion in night like ultiderm lotion or diprovate lotion etc Once the dandruff clears off, just continue with antidandruff shampoo once in a week and stop steroid lotion. To improve hair density and texture, apply minoxidil solution 5 percent 1 ml twice in a day along with a hair supplement like tablet androanagen daily. Follow the same atleast for four to five months to see good hair growth. Hope this helped. Take care