Suggest treatment for chicken pox

what is the medication for chicken pox?
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: mostly symptomatic Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX The treatment for chicken pox is mostly symptomatic. Patients usually require antihistamines, topical soothing lotions like calamine, and simple anti-pyretics like Paracetamol. More aggressive patients require oral anti-viral drug in the form of acyclovir. Dosage has to be individualized. Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have more queries. Regards,
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for chicken pox 41 minutes later
i had suffered from chicken pox in my childhood.I will be accompanying the person suffering from it currently. can I also catch the disease?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: unlikely Detailed Answer: Hello, You have already suffered from chicken pox in childhood. Hence, it is unlikely to get infected again now in view of the existing antibodies in your body. Avoid direct contact with the person. You would not catch the disease, please relax.