Suggest treatment for body itching due to dryness in witer

Hi I have developed itching all over my body ever since winter started. Skin feels dry and itchy - on arms, legs, back etc. Kindly advise
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: use effective moisturizer Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, I have read your query. It is a common symptom that most people experience in winter. Do not be worried about it. You must use effective moisturizer for it and use it every 2 to 3 hrs as well to get protection from dry and itchy skin. You can use plain Vaseline petroleum jelly. That would be the best. If you find it too sticky or oily, you can try using nivea moisturizing cream with Jojoba oil and vitamin E. This is very soothening for the skin too. Do not take bath in excessively hot water, use XXXXXXX warm water for bathing. Wear cotton clothes and full sleeves. Avoid exposure to cold weather for long hours. Hope this helps you. Regards,