Suggest treatment for ankle fracture

I broke my ankle in 3 places 2 months ago and have started yesterday 25to 50 % weight bearing. I fell the morning with my cam boot on landed with my foot in the air. Should I worry.
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: If no new symptoms developed, NO Worries! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this fracture you sustained and the fall this morning. I am happy to know you had been doing great on treatment and recently started rehabilitation. From the description of your fall, it seems there was no real impact on the affected leg. However, monitoring would guide us to know whether there are any reasons to get concerned or not. Simply put, if no new symptoms have set in since the fall, there is no reason to worry. However, if you think pain has increased or there are any new symptoms after the fall, then I will suggest that you get it re-evaluated to make sure nothing went wrong. Please, always try to make sure you are balanced before taking the next step. Falls can have severe consequences that make prevention worth the cost. Early stages of rehabilitation are very delicate and you should be double cautious and be progressive. This would prevent future accidents. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for patronizing our services and please do feel free to ask for follow up clarifications and information if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.