Suggest treatment for allergic sneezing,coughing and wheezing

I've been struggling with severe asthma for the past couple of days. My roommate recently brought his cat into our house and I'm highly allergic. However, I've taken Claritin in the past to deal with my allergies and they've worked perfectly. When I'm on Claritin none of my allergies flare up at all: no asthma, runny nose, sneezing or coughing. This time, however, despite me trying two different OTC allergy medications, Loratadine and fexopenadine, I still get asthma when I go to bed and only when I go to bed. I don't have any allergic symptoms until I go to sleep, then everything breaks loose and I start sneezing, coughing and wheezing. This has never happened to me before, I've never had asthma while on allergy medication. One thing that I did different was buy Equaline instead of Claritin because it's cheaper. Are they different despite both have 10MG of Loratadine? Can you prescribe something that will help?
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: hello and thank you for submitting your question. Unfortunately this service cannot prescribe any medications; however I can recommend some suggestions. The best thing in this situation would be to eliminate the source of allergens (pet car) from your environment. If this is not a possibility, it is highly advisable to see your physician for a change in your medication. You may need to begin inhaled medicines (ie, albuterol, corticosteroids) to help reduce the inflammation and relax the muscles within the walls of your bronchioles which are tightening up in response to the inflammation caused by the allergies. Again, thank you for submitting your question. I hope this will be helpful. Take care, Dr. G