Suggest treatment for a chest congestion and breathing difficulty

I have acid reflux,allergies,and may have asthma.I am taking Nexium for the reflux,Nasonex and zertec for the allregies,but chest till cngestd and I have difficulty breathing.a tightness in my chest.what do you suggest? YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 23 hours later
Brief Answer: You do seem to have asthma. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, You have allergies and reflux and from your description, it appears that you are also having asthmatic symptoms which is responsible for breathing difficulty and tightness in the chest. In an asthmatic, reflux aggravates the symptoms. Similarly sinusitis and post nasal drip also aggravate the symptoms of asthma. You should continue with nexium, nasonex and zertec for reflux and allergies. For breathlessness, you have to start taking inhalers. You should take combimist which will give you instant relief. It can be taken as nebulization as well. You should also take seroflo inhaler which will control your symptoms over long time. Consult your physician for detail advice on these. Avoid allergens like dust, smoke etc as much as you can. Also avoid extreme cold climate and cold and dry air. You may consult an ENT for your post nasal drip. I`m sure that these measures will be of help.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for a chest congestion and breathing difficulty 4 hours later
do you think I need to see a pulmonologist? I have already seen and ENT Dr. thank you for your help. XXXX
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, you should see a pulmonologist. Detailed Answer: You may see a pulmonologist who can take a complete look at you , examine you after getting detail history and advise you on inhaler therapy.