Suggest treatment for Phimosis

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My friend has a nine year old son, he has phimosis and his mother is scared for her son and scared about how much this surgery will cost her, she barely get's by month to month and she says that the people she talked to gave her prices from $4000 up. Seems like a lot to me. and to her.
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Should be half the cost or even below Detailed Answer: Thanks for writing to health care magic. Circumcision is the surgery done for phimosis. The cost quoted to your friend is exorbitant. Itshould be less than 2000 dollars even in the best hospitals. It can be done even for 500 dollars in XXXXXXX or Nevada. Try enquiring other centers in your locality. Wishing a great day. Regards Dr Arun