Suggest treatment for OCD

Excellent

Question
I have OCD that centers around rabies ever since my dog came home with a dead animal. I got the rabies series 3 months ago. Today I was driving and ran over the remains of a skunk it was on a very busy road and had been flattened as it was run over several times. About 20 minutes later I got out of my truck and kicked the door shut. Walked about 100 meters to the airport When I was in the airport I dropped my hat and might have stepped on it, of course I picked it up and I have small cuts on my hand. As there any concern for rabies- my anxiety is really kicking up.

Question 2 later I stepped on a strap from my bag. This was about 8 hours later, after I got off the plane. As there any rabies threat with this.

One I assume rabies couldn't live if some skunk brain got on my truck as I was driving 70mph for 20 minutes. And second there is no way that it could live for 8 hours on the bottom of my boots.
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2017 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NO rabies risk!

Detailed Answer:

The rabies vaccine is effective and with it recently completed, you are completely protected. Even if your dog were to bring any animal with rabies home, there is no way for you to be affected.

Rabies needs an active wound to make its way into the body. There is no reason getting worried when you just passed by and there was no contact with the remains of the animal or a wound on your body.

Like you have mentioned, it is truly an OCD. Calm, be relaxed and all would be okay.

I wish you well.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for OCD 18 minutes later
My concern is after running over the animal some of it got on my truck, then boot and when i dropped my hat if got in my hand thrn into a cut, later on the strap of my bag.

1. Could the rabies virus from a dead animal get on a vehicld if it was run over then survive 20 minutes on a truck door at high way speeds. Yhenbgot on boot and hat and would still be infectous?

2. Could it live on the bottombof boot for 8 hours, pieces of brain or simething.

3. My rabies vaccine 3 minghs ago would still protect me.

Thanks in advance

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are fully protected by your rabies vaccine!

Detailed Answer:

Even if this virus got into your system, which is impossible from the details by your ls you have provided, you would still be fully protected by the recent vaccine. This vaccine offers 100% protection for at least 10years.

I wish you well.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for OCD 3 minutes later
Thanks so much!!!

One ladt question, so my boots and hat aren't contaminated and cant hurt anyone else?

Any rabies virus would be dead- it couldnt be on my truck or survive 8 hours on my boots

?

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Any virus would have died alreay!

Detailed Answer:

You are safe. There is no risk here about rabies.

I wish you well.