Suggest treatment for Enteritis

I have 7 months old boy baby and he's got loose stools for about 10 days. He was on breast feed for about five and half months. Later my feed was not sufficient so started giving him nan pro 1 till his 6 months. then from 7th month onwards, i started giving him nan pro 2. i only gave him for 5 days and loose stools started. I consulted a nearby pediatrician, and gave him antibiotics and some digestive syrups. but still it did not stop. Am worried a lot and please help me on this.
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 1 hour later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Relax,there is nothing to worry. Enteritis is usually viral in nature and settles in few days. Since you have changed formula this could also be reason. I suggest you to continue with nan 1 for few more days. Also start complementary feeding . Give dal water,boiled rice water,lemonade,curd. Give probiotic XXXXXXX for 3 to 4 days. Watch for urine output/feeding pattern/activity. In case baby is lethargic get him re evaluated by pediatrician. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist any further. Wishing your baby good health. God bless..