Suggest the herbal cure for bacterial vaginosis for women?

Ayurveda Specialist
Is there a herbal cure for bacterial vaginosis for a woman?
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your concern and as query is gender specified, let me explain the protocol which I follow in my clinic in such cases:

1. With females suffering (90%) in our Areas, I generally inquire about the following parameters:
i. General weakness (Complete Blood Profile)
ii. Excessive indulgence in unprotected sexual intercourse (multiple partners) or complete inactive sexual life.
iii. Attained menopause or not:low estrogen (hormone)
iv. Any history of previous sexually transmitted disease (STD’s) or any history? (body aches-fever-frequent and burning sensation in urine)
v. Excessive consumption of sweet-sour-hot food.
vi. Frequent use of dry/rough Tampons in vagina.

It can be helpful if you can provide some of the above details. In addition whether or not you been examined by a Gynecologist and any Laboratory Investigations done? Also let me know about your dietary habits and sexual History (at your Discretion). Lastly I would also like to know the duration of your symptoms.

In the mean time, herbal cure as desired by you is mentioned:
1. Yoni Prakshalan :(Vaginal cleansing) with “panchvalkal” or “trifla” or “nimba” Kwatha (decoction).
2. Use of either Jatyadi/Bala/Chandan oil as (Pichu)Tampon.

I would be able to provide further information about your treating after I interpret the detailed history that you provide (answers to the above questions).

Please revert back with your concerns and clarifications
Dr. Munish Sood